- Other states following Assam's cancer care model: Himanta Biswa Sarma
- TalentSprint announces new program ‘WISH’ for Women Engineering students
- IAF C-130J makes safe landing at Begumpet airport after technical snag
- Canadian International School hosts its 10th edition of Model United Nations conference
- Nirmala Sitharaman launches Rs 1,000 cr worth infra projects
- Arun Singh Dhumal welcomes England team with 'perfect conditions' at HPCA
- Hindu teacher acquitted in blasphemy case after five years in Pakistan
- 10 Manipur tribal MLAs urge Centre not to cancel 'Suspension of Operations' pact with Kuki militant outfits
- Financial Intelligence Unit slaps Rs 5.49 cr penalty on Paytm Payments Bank
- I want to quit as Trinamool spokesman, but continue as party soldier: Kunal Ghosh
Guntur gets Home Minister post for third time
The district got home minister post for third time. Earlier, Alapati Dharma Rao worked as home minister in Kotla Vijaya Bhaskar Reddy Cabinet and Dr Kodela Siva Prasada Rao worked as home minister in 1987-88.
Guntur: The district got home minister post for third time. Earlier, Alapati Dharma Rao worked as home minister in Kotla Vijaya Bhaskar Reddy Cabinet and Dr Kodela Siva Prasada Rao worked as home minister in 1987-88.
Prathipadu MLA Mekathoti Sucharita (SC) is the third person from the district got home minister post. She is the first woman home minister after bifurcation of the state. She was loyal to Y S Jaganmohan Reddy from the beginning and actively participated in the party programmes and Praja Sankalpa Yatra.
Considering her loyalty and service to party, Chief Minister Y S Jaganmohan Reddy rewarded her suitably by allotting the home minister's post.
Her husband Daya Sagar, who is an IRS officer, encouraged her to join politics. "It is a challenge to her to check ganja smuggling, eve-teasing, corruption in police department and increasing road accidents on the highways," a senior leader said. In the combined state of Andhra Pradesh, Sabitha Indira Reddy got home minister post in the late Dr Y S Rajasekhar Reddy's Cabinet.