- Akshaya Patra kitchen: 15 years of fighting hunger, empowering children
- Anantapur: Bhairavanitippa irrigation project key election issue
- Untold Stories of our temples-4: After years of neglect, Kashi Bugga temple now a big draw for devotees
- Kurnool: TDP ticket aspirants anxious as party yet to announce candidates
- National Science Day celebrations at MJCET
- ‘TERNS’ to celebrate platinum jubilee tomorrow
- Inter exams begin amid hiccups; students rate question paper easy
- Visakhapatnam: NSTL trident gets inaugurated
- Indian Farmers Concerns: Accurate climate forecasts & insurance
- How do you define a good life?
High Court CJ releases Botany and Beyond dictionary in Vijayawada
Andhra Pradesh High Court Chief Justice C Praveen Kumar said that ‘Botany and Beyond’ dictionary was useful not only for students but also for everyone to know more about plant science.
Vijayawada: Andhra Pradesh High Court Chief Justice C Praveen Kumar said that 'Botany and Beyond' dictionary was useful not only for students but also for everyone to know more about plant science.
He launched the dictionary penned by Dasari Lakshman Rao here on Monday evening. He said that there was no dictionary for Botany and Lakshman Rao had took pains to pen it which is commendable. This dictionary is useful to students, teachers, lecturers, research scholars and professors.
Acharya Nagarjuna University in-charge Vice-chancellor Prof K Ramji said everyone should read Botany dictionary and in particular about life sciences which was very useful. He recalled that there are 45 courses in Nagarjuna University and nine of them are on Life Sciences.
The dictionary is useful to all and who so ever reads the dictionary, they will remember Lakshman Rao throughout the life. There are more than 16,000 words related to Life Sciences, he added.
Siddhartha Law College Principal Dr Ch Diwakar Babu, Sri Venkateswara University Dean of Veterinary Sciences Dr TS Chandrasekhar Rao, Sai Krishna Junior College principal Dr N Appanna, Andhra Loyola College Botany HoD Dr T Rosmary, Nilkamal publication managing director Suresh Chandra Sharma and others were present.