- Apple hit with $2 billion EU antitrust fine in Spotify case
- SEBI issues show-cause notice to PC Jeweller alleging non-compliance of disclosure requirements
- 'My swearing in ceremony will be in Vizag’: CM
- Taare Zameen Par Sequel Confirmed! Aamir Khan and Darsheel Safary Reteam for ‘Sitaare Zameen Par’
- Ex-CM Shivraj Chouhan turns 65-yr old, politicians extend wishes
- Another jolt to YSRCP as Andhra minister quits party to join TDP
- Tanuj Virwani can't hide his excitement over playing pivotal role in 'Yodha': 'Can't keep calm'
- UP: Decaying Chhota Imambara gates to be restored
- Deposit rush among Indian banks to raise competition for funds
- China drops 'peaceful reunification' reference to Taiwan
Magunta dedicates his victory to Ongole voters
Magunta Srinivasulu Reddy, the YSRCP candidate for Ongole MP segment, dedicated his victory with 2,14,851 votes majority over TDP candidate Sidda Raghavarao, to the voters of Ongole Parliament constituency.
Ongole: Magunta Srinivasulu Reddy, the YSRCP candidate for Ongole MP segment, dedicated his victory with 2,14,851 votes majority over TDP candidate Sidda Raghavarao, to the voters of Ongole Parliament constituency. He said that they thought of respectable majority but didn't expect the clean sweep in the elections.
Speaking to The Hans India in his camp office in Ongole, Magunta said that women and employees were behind the landslide victory of the YSRCP. He said that when he interacted with the women during polling, they indicated that they were going to vote for fan by rotating the index finger.
He compared that the number of votes revealed in round after round, the number of votes increased with the speed of the fan rotating in the counting centres.He said the Magunta family always has a responsibility of serving people in Prakasam district. He said that it is a 11th winning of the Magunta family and dedicated it to the voters of Ongole. He said the Jagan factor has worked as an undercurrent in the elections and they experienced it on the poll day.
He congratulated the party MLAs in the district for recording record majorities in the result. As the MP of Ongole, he said that he and other MLAs will persuade Jaganmohan Reddy to complete the irrigation projects in the district, including the Veligonda project within a year and that would be their return gift to public.