- Bishop Jayarao Polimera, Head of the Roman Catholic emphasises youth should have talent
- GVMC mayor lays foundation stone for development works in Maddilapalem
- Kotamreddy confident of hattrick victory
- MVV Satyanarayana lays foundation stone for Varasiddhi Vinayaka Durga Polamamba Temple in Vizag
- Speaker disqualifies 8 MLAs from Assembly
- GHMC Dy Floor leader visits Veerannagutta to oversee arrangements for Maha Sivaratri
- Imansa family express gratitude to Prathipati Pulla Rao
- Naidu, Sharmila lambast YSRCP for ‘humiliating’ cricketer Vihari
- TSRTC makes arrangements for Intermediate exams
- Birds of different feathers flock to avian island at Neknampur Lake
Meet organised on prevention of TB
District Commissioner Praveen Kumar said that every month 3rd Friday will be considered as the Anti Tuberculosis (TB) day.
Eluru: District Commissioner Praveen Kumar said that every month 3rd Friday will be considered as the Anti Tuberculosis (TB) day. He participated in a meeting organised for the prevention of Tuberculoses and released the pamphlets related to it on Friday.
Speaking on this occasion the collector said that he will take up necessary steps to make West Godavari district free from TB. He underlined the need to create awareness among the people with the innovative programmes all over the district to eradicate TB.
He further said that people who have symptoms of TB can undergo tests free of costs and will get free treatment in government hospitals. He said the state government was providing Rs 500 for the TB patients every month as assistance. He ordered all the district and Municipal officers to take necessary steps in providing better treatment for the TB patients at government hospitals.
He said many hospitals in the districts have facilities to conduct the TB tests and appealed to the people to avail the facility if they have symptoms like cough for more than two weeks.