- Five key projects of GMDA worth Rs 194.18 crore approved
- EU slaps $2 billion anti-trust fine on Apple following Spotify's complaint
- Momentum in power, capital goods stocks as infra projects likely to be unveiled, say analysts
- Santosh Trophy: Services hand Railways a 2-0 defeat to march into semifinals
- Ola's S1 Pro electric scooter gets PLI certification to boost green mobility
- Ranji Trophy: Big win over Tamil Nadu takes Mumbai into final for 48th time
- Sinead O'Connor's slams Trump for using singer's best-selling single at rallies
- Tata Motors to demerge business into two separate listed companies
- Interoperable payment system for Net banking to be launched this year: RBI chief
- Cash-for-query row: Delhi HC rejects interim injunction against 'defamatory' posts on Mahua Moitra
Mopidevi Venkataramana Rao alleges corruption in capital construction
Minister Mopidevi Venkataramana Rao urged the people not to speculate rumours on the state capital Amaravati construction.
Guntur: Minister Mopidevi Venkataramana Rao urged the people not to speculate rumours on the state capital Amaravati construction. Speaking to the media in Guntur on Wednesday, he alleged corruption worth rupees thousands of crores took place in the construction works of the capital.
He said that though the TDP government spent Rs 10,000 per square yard for the construction of the temporary secretariat, there was no quality in the construction works. He alleged that funds released by the Centre for the construction of the state capital Amaravati had been diverted to then chief minister N Chandrababu Naidu's benami account and criticized that TDP government did nothing for the construction of state capital Amaravati.
He said that the government will set up price stabilization fund with Rs 3000 crore very soon to get a better price to the farmers and keep up its election promise. He said they will set up monitoring wings in the department as a part of the scheme.
Replying to a question, he said when prices of chilli, turmeric, tobacco, cotton and other crops fall, the farmers were incurring losses. He said, "If price stabilization is constituted, the farmers will get assistance from it, so that they will get benefitted."
Referring to agriculture marketing yards in the state, he said they will improve facilities in the agriculture market yards. He further said that facilities in the Asia's biggest Guntur Mirchi Yard will be improved and added that he will hold a meeting the officials and review it very soon.