- CM flags off 10th trip of ‘Tirtha Yatra’
- Five-time MLA Arabinda Dhali quits BJD, joins BJP
- PM will dedicate projects worth Rs 19,600 cr in Odisha
- Modi to launch Rs 15,718-cr projects
- DMHO launches Pulse Polio programme
- BJD, BJP blame each other for spreading alliance rumours
- Disaster for Jagan ahead, says Prashant Kishor
- B’chalam MLA meets CM amid speculation of joining Congress
- Oh sarkari babus! Krishna Mandir continues to weather many a storm
- ISRO chief Somanath to get Pinnamaneni Award
MP promises to develop GRL library
MP Margani Bharat Ram has assured to develop the century-old Gowthami Regional Library (GRL) in all aspects by providing latest facilities to the readers.
Rajamahendravaram: MP Margani Bharat Ram has assured to develop the century-old Gowthami Regional Library (GRL) in all aspects by providing latest facilities to the readers. He also said steps will be taken to obtain national status to the library.
He participated on the last day of summer coaching camp and visited the newly-constructed building coming up with an estimated cost of Rs 2.74 crore on the library premises here on Friday.Later, he said it is the duty of everyone to protect the age-old library which is having many rare and valuable books.
The library desires many facilities and up gradation and added the elite of the city should also put their efforts to develop it. The new building will give relief to the readers to some extent with necessary facilities.
The library is a feather in the camp of the historical city which is having as many as 1.4 lakh books. He appealed to the students and others to make use of this library to enhance their knowledge. Earlier, he distributed prizes to the winners who participated in competitions during summer coaching camp.
Gazetted librarian V Venkat Rao, Dr Aripirala Narayana Rao, corporation superintending engineer Om Prakash, executive engineer Satyavani and others were present.