- Boosting Traffic & Sales: Why Invest in an Indian SEO Expert for Your Business
- Beat the summer heat with saffron tips for healthy and glowing skin
- Amazon India offers opportunities for women to work in Night Shifts in Haryana
- What can India learn from Sweden’s pragmatic tobacco control policy?
- Leap Day 2024: Interesting facts, history, and significance of February 29
- Samsung Announces New Memory Variant of Galaxy A15 5G at INR 17999
- Immunity-boosting foods for a healthy life
- Celebrating Leap Day 2024: Wishes and Messages for Leaplings
- Vanchit Bahujan Aghadi eyes 27 Maha LS seats, wants to put up Jarange-Patil
- 'Purely governmental function': Delhi HC refuses to order new 24-hour pan-India Doordarshan channel for Sindhi community
Officials gear up to face cyclone Fani in Guntur
Collector Kona Sasidhar on Monday alerted the officials in the backdrop of cyclone Fani threat issued by the IMD.
Guntur: Collector Kona Sasidhar on Monday alerted the officials in the backdrop of cyclone Fani threat issued by the IMD.
Conducting a review meet with the officials at the collectorate, he said though the cyclonic storm influence was very much less on the district, but we were ready to face any situation. He directed the fishermen not to venture into sea for fishing.
He said the administration has set up a control room in Nizampatnam to give necessary information to fishermen with cell phones and wireless sets and directed the officials to complete the cutting of maize crop within two days with the help of MNREGS workers and machines.
He instructed the officials to fill the overhead tanks with the drinking water and identify cyclone shelters as a precautionary measure.
He also instructed the officials to take all necessary steps to reduce loss to property caused by cyclone Fani. Rural SP S V Rajasekhar Babu said with the coordination of NDRF and SDRF, they were gearing up to face cyclone threat.
Joint collector Himanshu Shukla, district revenue officer Sri Latha and officials of various government wings were present.