- Other states following Assam's cancer care model: Himanta Biswa Sarma
- TalentSprint announces new program ‘WISH’ for Women Engineering students
- IAF C-130J makes safe landing at Begumpet airport after technical snag
- Canadian International School hosts its 10th edition of Model United Nations conference
- Nirmala Sitharaman launches Rs 1,000 cr worth infra projects
- Arun Singh Dhumal welcomes England team with 'perfect conditions' at HPCA
- Hindu teacher acquitted in blasphemy case after five years in Pakistan
- 10 Manipur tribal MLAs urge Centre not to cancel 'Suspension of Operations' pact with Kuki militant outfits
- Financial Intelligence Unit slaps Rs 5.49 cr penalty on Paytm Payments Bank
- I want to quit as Trinamool spokesman, but continue as party soldier: Kunal Ghosh
Payment of salaries to contract staff demanded
The 279 GO municipal and transport contract workers union demanded immediate release of 3 month pending salaries of municipal contract employees in Kakinada Corporation.
Kakinada: The 279 GO municipal and transport contract workers union demanded immediate release of 3 month pending salaries of municipal contract employees in Kakinada Corporation. Addressing media here on Friday, the union president Tatipaka Madhu said that the TGR organisation contractors are treating the municipal employees as bonded labourers and not paying salaries regularly.
Madhu also said that in total 350 municipal workers have been taken by TGR on contract basis and not paying salaries regularly. The CPI leader demanded that the officials take steps for immediate payment of pending salaries without further delay.