- Pearl Academy explores the intersection of creativity and technology at its flagship event What’s Next
- Awareness programme Will be on PM VishwaKarma yojana on Tuesday
- Raveena soaks up some sunshine in Tadoba
- I will be in the contest Former TDP MLA Vetukuri Sivarama Raju
- Pawan asked me to go to Nidadavolu: Kandula Durgesh
- Filmmaker VN Aditya receives Doctorate from George Washington University of Peace, America
- Samsung to unveil Galaxy Ring at Mobile World Congress
- Kavitha urges CBI to withdraw notice in Delhi excise policy case
- PM Modi’s visit to Dwarkadhish temple, a message for Lord Krishna devouts?
- Nani collaborates with ‘OG’ director Sujeeth
Police chief pays homage to Alluri
Alluri Sitaramarama Raju was a great freedom fighter and revolutionary leader, who fought against the British rule said Vijayawada City Police Commissioner Dwaraka Tirumala Rao.
Vijayawada: Alluri Sitaramarama Raju was a great freedom fighter and revolutionary leader, who fought against the British rule said Vijayawada City Police Commissioner Dwaraka Tirumala Rao. He participated in the 95th death anniversary of freedom fight Alluri Sitaramarama Raju at the commissioner's office and garlanded his portrait of Seetaramaraju on the occasion.
He lauded the services of Alluri for raising an armed struggle against the British government and its policies. Alluri was a great fighter in the Agency Area who created awareness and mobilized a large number of tribals to fight against the mighty British Empire for the freedom of the motherland, he added.
The Police Commissioner said that Alluri earned a special place in the Indian freedom struggle, but unfortunately, was brutally killed by British at the early age of only 27 years. DCP (Crime) D Rajkumari, Additional DCP D Koteshwara Rao, DCP A.B.T.S Udaya Rani, Special branch ADCP Nawab Jan and other police officers and staff were present on the occasion.