- Five key projects of GMDA worth Rs 194.18 crore approved
- EU slaps $2 billion anti-trust fine on Apple following Spotify's complaint
- Momentum in power, capital goods stocks as infra projects likely to be unveiled, say analysts
- Santosh Trophy: Services hand Railways a 2-0 defeat to march into semifinals
- Ola's S1 Pro electric scooter gets PLI certification to boost green mobility
- Ranji Trophy: Big win over Tamil Nadu takes Mumbai into final for 48th time
- Sinead O'Connor's slams Trump for using singer's best-selling single at rallies
- Tata Motors to demerge business into two separate listed companies
- Interoperable payment system for Net banking to be launched this year: RBI chief
- Cash-for-query row: Delhi HC rejects interim injunction against 'defamatory' posts on Mahua Moitra
Revenue inspector and tax collector caught in ACB net
A trap was laid on Thursday against K. Hari Gopal, revenue inspector, and K. Mahesh, tax collector, GVMC zone -III, on Thursday.
Visakhapatnam: A trap was laid on Thursday against K. Hari Gopal, revenue inspector, and K. Mahesh, tax collector, GVMC zone -III, on Thursday. Mahesh was caught red-handed by the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) officials when he demanded and accepted bribe of Rs.1 lakh from a complainant G. Ravi for doing an official favour.
Based on the instruction of Hari Gopal, Mahesh received the bribe amount and kept it on his office table. Later, it was recovered by the ACB sleuths on the office table of the accused as phenolphthalein test yielded positive results. Both Hari Gopal and Mahesh were arrested and produced before the ACB court.