- 10 Manipur tribal MLAs urge Centre not to cancel 'Suspension of Operations' pact with Kuki militant outfits
- Financial Intelligence Unit slaps Rs 5.49 cr penalty on Paytm Payments Bank
- I want to quit as Trinamool spokesman, but continue as party soldier: Kunal Ghosh
- ‘Inti No 13’ review: Distinctive narrative approach
- Delhi excise policy matter: Court permits YSRCP MP's son Raghav Magunta to turn approver in CBI's case
- SAFF U16 Women’s C'ship: Anushka Kumari nets hat-trick as India thrash Bhutan 7-0
- India expresses deep shock at the loss of lives in northern Gaza
- TN Deepika participates in Gadapa Gadapaku Mana Prabhutvam in Hindupur
- TDP reviews on arrangements for Shankaravam in Kuppam
- GVL Narsimha Rao congratulates National Bodybuilding competition winner in Visakhapatnam
Seniors leaders eyeing cabinet berth
As the swearing in ceremony of the Y S Jaganmohan Reddy as Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh concluded in Vijayawada on Thursday, now the attention is on the formation of the new cabinet
Rajamahendravaram: As the swearing in ceremony of the Y S Jaganmohan Reddy as Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh concluded in Vijayawada on Thursday, now the attention is on the formation of the new cabinet. Some senior leaders are eyeing for the berth in the state cabinet.
YSR Congress Party (YSRCP) has won in 14 assembly segments out of 19 assembly constituencies in the recently held elections along with three parliamentary segments. Of them, the seniors in the party are expecting berths in YS Jaganmohan Reddy's cabinet.
The aspirants are Pinipe Viswaroop elected from Amalapuram. He earlier worked in the cabinets of former Chief Ministers Dr YS Rajasekhara Reddy, K Rosaiash and N Kiran Kumar Reddy. Meanwhile, Kurasala Kannababu who was elected from Kakinada rural assembly segment is also aspiring berth in the cabinet.
At the same time, MLC Pilli Subash Chandra Bose as a senior leader waiting for a seat in the cabinet. Earlier, he worked in former Chief Minister Dr YS Rajasekhara Reddy's cabinet. In this election he lost to Mandapeta segment against TDP candidate. The Chief Minister may accommodate in the cabinet in MLC quota.
In addition to this Dadisetti Raja elected from Tuni constituency has an aspiring portfolio. YSRCP leaders are expecting at least two posts from East Godavari district. As the swearing ceremony was over, the aspirants are waiting for a call from the Chief Minister.