- Speaker disqualifies 8 MLAs from Assembly
- GHMC Dy Floor leader visits Veerannagutta to oversee arrangements for Maha Sivaratri
- Imansa family express gratitude to Prathipati Pulla Rao
- Naidu, Sharmila lambast YSRCP for ‘humiliating’ cricketer Vihari
- TSRTC makes arrangements for Intermediate exams
- Birds of different feathers flock to avian island at Neknampur Lake
- All set for Inter exams from today
- Untold Stories of our Temples-3: Oh man! Govt apathy dogs God’s abode
- TDP chief may address public meet in Nellore on March 2
- INDIA bloc conceded defeat: Modi
Shift people from low-lying areas: Collector to staff
he district administration has taken measures to face any situation during landfall of severe cyclonic storm Fani.
Vizianagaram: The district administration has taken measures to face any situation during landfall of severe cyclonic storm Fani. The meteorology department predicts that Bhogapuram, Garividi, Nellimarla, Cheepurupalli and Pusapatirega mandals would be affected under the impact of cyclone.
The administration expects that the cyclone would landfall on Thursday night or early hours of Friday and the areas would face the strong gales with the speed of 110-130 kilometers per hour. All the farmers are advised to protect their crops and agriculture products in safe place and fishermen were also told to not venture into sea for fishing.
A control room was established at the Collector's office to facilitate the people of those affected mandals to communicate every important information. Collector M Harijawaharlal instructed the tahsildars and water supply, electrical staff to take all precautionary steps to prevent loss of life and damage to the property. He advised staff to arrange power generators for water supply.
He also directed the medical and health staff to procure medicines to supply during emergency situation. Revenue staff told to shift people from low-lying areas to rescue centres and provide food to them. 15 rehabilitation centres
Meanwhile the district administration has opened 15 rehabilitation centers and providing shelters for 2,000 people. These centres are opened in Nellimarla, Gurla, Cheepurupalli, Bhogapuram and Garividi mandals. Food is prepared in these centres will be provided for the people.
Apart from this, the district collector has appointed special officers for all 34 mandals and special officers for 20 villages which are nearby coastal area in Bhogapuram and Pusapatirega mandals. On the other side, the district received some showers accompanied with gales.