- Pearl Academy explores the intersection of creativity and technology at its flagship event What’s Next
- Awareness programme Will be on PM VishwaKarma yojana on Tuesday
- Raveena soaks up some sunshine in Tadoba
- I will be in the contest Former TDP MLA Vetukuri Sivarama Raju
- Pawan asked me to go to Nidadavolu: Kandula Durgesh
- Filmmaker VN Aditya receives Doctorate from George Washington University of Peace, America
- Samsung to unveil Galaxy Ring at Mobile World Congress
- Kavitha urges CBI to withdraw notice in Delhi excise policy case
- PM Modi’s visit to Dwarkadhish temple, a message for Lord Krishna devouts?
- Nani collaborates with ‘OG’ director Sujeeth
Siddhartha students shortlisted for Smart India Hackathon grand finale
The students of PVP Siddhartha Institute of Technology, Vijayawada were shortlisted to participate in Smart India Hackathon (SIH) 2019, a Hardware Hackathon Grand Finale.
Vijayawada: The students of PVP Siddhartha Institute of Technology, Vijayawada were shortlisted to participate in Smart India Hackathon (SIH) 2019, a Hardware Hackathon Grand Finale. The finale would be held from July 8 to 12 and organised by Institute Innovation Council, MHRD, New Delhi, said Dr Jagadish Vengala, Head, EDC and mentor on Friday.
Briefing about SIH, Dr Jagadish said that it is a nationwide initiative which involved more than one lakh technical students, about 3000 technical institutions, and as many as 200 organisations from across the country. He said that 1,101 ideas were shortlisted in round 1 and out of which 172 ideas made up to the Grand Finale.
The team CIVIMECHOS made it to the grand finale. He said a total of 32 teams with about 90 ideas from the institute competed in both Software and Hardware editions. The team 'CIVIMECHOS' comprising of V Hema Varshini, Ch Suchita from the Civil Engineering Department and MSNS Harsha, K Madhavarao, M Vikas Das, K Sai Sankaran from the Mechanical Engineering department have come up with the idea of Vertical Axis Wind Turbine with Helical Twists which when placed on the dividers of highways takes the wind power from fast moving vehicles and generates remarkable amount of electricity which can be utilised for highway electrical lighting system.
Dr Jagadish Vengala, Head, EDC and Convener, IIC and Dr Haritha Akkineni Faculty Member, were the mentors.Dr K Sivaji Babu, Principal, PVPSIT, B Sreeramulu, Convener, P Lakshman Rao, secretary, Siddhartha Academy appreciated the students for their efforts and congratulated them.