- TDP Mahanadu: Second day meeting to start in a while, Naidu to release manifesto
- Complaint Filed Against Arvind Kejriwal, Kharge, And Others Political Leaders For Giving Remark On President Murmu's Caste
- Fire breaks out in wedding pandal amid fireworks in Alluri Sitaramaraju district, no casualties
- Petrol and diesel prices today stable in Hyderabad, Delhi, Chennai and Mumbai on 28 May 2023
- Andhra Pradesh: Tipper lorry and oil tanker collides head-on in Kakinada, no casualties
- Gold and silver rates today in Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai - 28 May 2023
- Inauguration Of New Parliament Building Marked With Prayers From Many Faiths
- Why Pakistan's military establishment turned against its blue-eyed boy
- 'Self-glorifying authoritarian PM' says Congress on new Parlaiment inauguration
- PM Modi inaugurates new Parliament House
Support to AgriGold depositors inadequate: TDP leader
There are more than six lakh people who deposited less than Rs. 20,000 and only four lakh people received assistance, says TDP leader Sampath Yadav
Nellore: Telugu Desam District spokesperson O Sampath Yadav said that the State government had supported only Rs. 265 crore to the 4 lakh Agrigold victims out of 12 lakh and the ruling party has been boasting about the issue. He addressed the media on Wednesday at the party office and reminded the party chief who assured during his election campaign to clear the dues of Rs. 36,000 crore after confiscating the properties within six months of coming to power.
Sampath also said the state government extended support to a very limited number of victims and finally ignored the issue of resolving the total problem. He said there are more than 6 lakh people who deposited less than Rs. 20,000 and only 4 lakh people received the assistance.
Telugu Desam leader said ruling party leaders are trying to sling mud on the TDP chief and reminded that Chandrababu Naidu earlier recommended a CBI probe on the scam. He informed that the former CM had set up a corpus fund with Rs. 336 Cr in Feb 2019 for tNellore, Nellore News, Andhra Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh Newshe Agrigold victims.
He said Telugu Desam government earlier provided a support of Rs. five lakh to the families who committed suicides due to the scam and asked why the government failed to put the properties of the company for sale for the last two and a half years? He demanded the State government to resolve the issue immediately considering the difficulties of the people.