- YSRCP mulls shifting Narayana Swamy from GD Nellore
- Members of 600 families join TDP in Mangalagiri
- Shanmukh Jaswanth cites depression as reason for ganja consumption; video gets leaked
- PM dedicates AIIMS Mangalagiri to the nation
- Upcoming elections crucial for future of AP, says Naidu
- Chief Minister to inaugurate Kuppam branch canal today
- Chiranjeevi’s ‘Vishwambhara’ shooting update: Team progresses with an active schedule
- Suspense continues in Vijayawada West, Avanigadda constituencies
- TDP ticket aspirants wait with anxiety
- Upset over denial of ticket, Jana Sena leader goes on fast
SVIMS holds surgical oncology chair oration
Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences (SVIMS) has conducted the third annual Surgical Oncology Chair Oration on Friday.
Tirupati: Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences (SVIMS) has conducted the third annual Surgical Oncology Chair Oration on Friday. Dr Ravi Kannan, Director, Cachar Cancer Hospital, Silchar, Assam has visited SVIMS on the occasion and gave the oration on the topic "Opportunities in inclusive Cancer care" at Sri Padmavathi Auditorium of SVIMS. He was the former Professor and HoD at Adayar Cancer Institute, Chennai.
During the oration, Ravi Kannan has dwelt at length on the topics "barriers to inclusive health care", "measures to improve compliance", "human resources generation", "pathology and surgery", "quality assurance", "communities against cancer" and "palliative care".
SVIMS Director Dr TS Ravikumar has felicitated Dr Kannan on this occasion and presented gold dollar. Principal of Sri Padamavathi Medical College for Women Dr M Hanumantha Rao, Registrar Dr TC Kalawat, Head of Surgical Oncology department Dr H Narendra, Dr V Sivakumar, Dr B Vengamma, Dr Govindanarayan and others were present on the occasion.