- Union Jal Shakti postpones meeting with AP, Telangana officials amid Cyclone Michaung
- Two ministerial posts likely for Nalgonda
- Best phones under Rs 15,000 in December 2023: Samsung Galaxy M14 5G and more
- Deepfakes: Centre to issue advisories to social media firms for 100% compliance
- Wanaparthy: A spiritual undertaking
- CM candidate for Telangana comes to a climax
- BRS, Cong district presidents lose polls
- Will have to resign as MP to take charge as MLA comment by Uttam raises doubts
- My responsibility is only till taking opinions of MLAs to high command: DK Shivakumar
- Former CM KCR to vacate his official residence in Delhi
Tirupati: Former MLA M Sugunamma demands waiver of power bills
Observes one-day fast along with Telugu Mahila leaders
Tirupati: Demanding total prohibition of liquor in the state and waiver of electricity charges during the coronavirus pandemic, former Tirupati MLA M Sugunamma observed one day fast at her residence on Saturday. Several Telugu Mahila leaders also participated in it expressing their solidarity to the former MLA.
Speaking on this occasion, Sugunamma has criticised the state government for bringing darkness in the form of huge power bills in the lives of people who were suffering with the coronavirus induced lockdown. She demanded for total waiver of power bills of the last three months in the state.
She also pointed out the opening of liquor outlets when the Covid cases are on rise is causing panic among all sections of the people. Boozers are harassing their family members for money to go to liquor shops which is creating hardships in several families.
District Telugu Mahila president Pushpavathi, Tirupati city president Santhamma, other leaders Vijayalakshmi, Vijayakumari, Sindhuja participated.