- How do you define a good life?
- Vizianagaram: Farmers urged to adopt tech to increase output
- India’s quest to reach beyond the horizon
- Vijayawada: CM YS Jagan Mohan Reddy releases Rs 1,294 cr under Rythu Bharosa, interest subvention
- Stand by Modi, shun Congress: MLA Harish
- HC declines writ by party seeking direction to EC to allot a common symbol
- Malayalam actor Lena reveals marriage with Gaganyaan fame Balakrishnan
- Insult to Indian scientists: Modi
- Human trials may reveal efficacy of cancer pill
- Shehbaz Sharif tipped to be Pak PM
Varuna Yagam performed at Kanakadurga temple
Minister for Endowments Vellampalli Srinivas and Durga Temple Executive Officer V Koteshwaramma participated in the Varuna Yagam which began on Thursday.
Vijayawada: Minister for Endowments Vellampalli Srinivas and Durga Temple Executive Officer V Koteshwaramma participated in the Varuna Yagam which began on Thursday. Varuna Yagam was performed by the priests and Vedic pundits of Sri Durga Malleswara Swamivarla Devastanam seeking abundant rains and prosperity of people in the state.
Speaking on the occasion, Koteshwaramma said that the people were suffering from high temperatures and rains were delayed. Farmers are facing lot of problems in cultivation for want of rain. Hence, the Goddess Kanaka Durga temple authorities planned for the Varuna Yagam, she added.
Temple main priest, Vishnubhotla Siva Prasad Sharma and Vedic students performed special pujas with Varuna Japam, Varunanupaka Parayanam, Satanuvaaka Parayana at the Durgha Ghat laying in River Krishna at 6 am.