- WPL 2024: 'Renuka's two wickets gave Gujarat shock they couldn’t recover from', says Saba Karim
- Tech Mahindra, Pegatron sign MoU to develop AI-enabled private 5G networks
- PM Modi to inaugurate Rs 1,393 cr coalfield projects in Madhya Pradesh tomorrow
- Sachin invites the world to 'come and experience Jammu & Kashmir'
- BJP put up good fight in Assembly polls
- Elaborate arrangements made for Inter exams
- Ensure drinking water supply in city: Mayor
- Cong workers obstruct Bandi’s yatra
- Mahabubnagar: Local bodies MLC elections from March 28
- Complete registration of house sites soon: collector to officials
Vijayawada: Congress protests plots of BJP
Strongly protesting against the machinations of the BJP to bring down the Congress-led government in Rajasthan, the Andhra Pradesh Congress Committee (APCC) staged a demonstration at Andhra Ratna Bhavan here on Monday after police refused permission for the protest in front of the Raj Bhavan.
Vijayawada: Strongly protesting against the machinations of the BJP to bring down the Congress-led government in Rajasthan, the Andhra Pradesh Congress Committee (APCC) staged a demonstration at Andhra Ratna Bhavan here on Monday after police refused permission for the protest in front of the Raj Bhavan.
Dr Sake Sailajanath, president of APCC, told the newsmen at Andhra Ratna Bhavan that the BJP was trying to destabilise the Congress-led government in Rajasthan and bringing pressure on the Governor not to conduct the Assembly.
He said that the Congress cadres have decided to stage protest demonstrations before Raj Bhavans throughout the country but the police did not give permission.
As a result, they were staging the protest at the Congress office here, he said.
He said that it was only the Congress which would protect the democracy and the Constitution.
Sailajanath said that the BJP was busy demolishing the Congress government instead of controlling the coronavirus in the country.
Demanding immediate conducting of the Assembly in Rajasthan, he said that would launch struggles to protect the democracy.
Sailajanath recalled that the BJP had already topped the Congress governments in Karnataka and Madhya Pradesh. He vowed that they would stop the conspiratorial politics of the BJP.
APCC vice-president Dr Gangadhar, City Congress president Naraharasetti Narasimha Rao, Ravi Kanth, Satish, Srinivs, Joseph and others participated.