- Amazon Echo Pop Launched in India; Features, Price and Availability
- Nippon Paint aligns its offerings to support Telangana 'Cool Roof' Policy
- AVM Productions new generation producer shares a truth about Chiranjeevi
- Nani pairs-up with Shraddha Kapoor
- Nikhil Siddhartha's Winning Streak Continues: First Look of His 20th Film Unveiling Today
- Hyderabad: Traffic restrictions imposed amid Telangana Formation Day on Friday
- PL Sector Report - Agro Chemicals - Sector Update – Global agrochemicals - Weak quarter; bleak near term outlook
- Dulquer Salmaan and Rana Daggubati Collaborate for a Telugu-Tamil Bilingual Film?
- Online Food Delivery Platforms’ Profitability Focus Evident during IPL 2023, with modest 7% spike in business: Redseer Strategy Consultants
- PM Modi Criticized Congress During A Rally In Rajasthan
VIT moves 55 positions in QS ranking
Its Engineering and Technology subject areas are the 9th best in India, 346th best in the world
Vellore: Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) has made significant progress in Engineering and Technology as compared to last year in the recently published QS World University Ranking by Subject 2022.
QS publishes rank of World Universities every year in 5 broad subject areas - Arts & Humanities, Engineering and Technology, Life Sciences & Medicine, Natural Sciences and Social Sciences & Management. VIT moved 55 positions up this year as compared to last year in Engineering and Technology, making it the 9th best institution in India and the 346th best in the world in Engineering and Technology.
Seven subjects of VIT are on the list published by QS this year. Both Computer Science & Information Systems and Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE) subjects ranked 8th in the country. Computer Science & Information Systems and Mechanical Engineering have moved up 50 positions as compared to last year.
The QS World University Rankings by Subject are compiled every year to help prospective students identify leading universities in a particular subject. Research citations, H index along with results of major global surveys of employers and academicians are used to rank universities. This year QS has included the IRN (International Research Network) index in the ranking of broad subject areas.