- Five key projects of GMDA worth Rs 194.18 crore approved
- EU slaps $2 billion anti-trust fine on Apple following Spotify's complaint
- Momentum in power, capital goods stocks as infra projects likely to be unveiled, say analysts
- Santosh Trophy: Services hand Railways a 2-0 defeat to march into semifinals
- Ola's S1 Pro electric scooter gets PLI certification to boost green mobility
- Ranji Trophy: Big win over Tamil Nadu takes Mumbai into final for 48th time
- Sinead O'Connor's slams Trump for using singer's best-selling single at rallies
- Tata Motors to demerge business into two separate listed companies
- Interoperable payment system for Net banking to be launched this year: RBI chief
- Cash-for-query row: Delhi HC rejects interim injunction against 'defamatory' posts on Mahua Moitra
VIT students' project bags championship prize
An automatic cleaning machine (for solar panels) produced by electrical engineering students of Vishnu Institute of Technology VIT) here won overall championship prize at start up competition held in Hyderabad by ‘The Indus Entrepreneurs’ (TiE).
Bhimavaram: An automatic cleaning machine (for solar panels) produced by electrical engineering students of Vishnu Institute of Technology VIT) here won overall championship prize at start up competition held in Hyderabad by 'The Indus Entrepreneurs' (TiE).
Disclosing this at a press conference, the college director and principal Dr D Suryanarayana has said that the winning team was invited to a international contest organised by TiE Global at California in the USA. The college faculty member Mahabub Hussain and student Prasanna Kumar participated in the contest in California.
While 17 teams worldwide attended for the contest, Vishnu was the only institute represented Andhra Pradesh. The Vishnu team received $2,000 cash rewards announced by firms Amazon Web Service and Microsoft Azure, he added.