- Real Madrid signs Bellingham from Borussia Dortmund for over 100 million euros
- RSS chief to be in Udaipur on June 8-9
- BRS govt's efforts led to sustainable, constant availability of water: MLC Kavitha
- Pak Army top brass vows to tighten noose around masterminds of May 9 'rebellion'
- Karnataka's free power scheme to cost Rs 13,000 crore annually
- Vadnagar Railway station gets a facelift
- Woman commits suicide in J&K after failing civil service exams
- Doing good for others is beneficial to children's emotional, physical health: Study
- 'Oppn meeting will be held on June 23 in Patna': JD-U leader
- 1 in every 7 cars sold now an EV, China's BYD dominate again
Vizianagaram: Job calendar fails to reveal actual position of vacancies
Tension prevailed at the Collector’s office as hundreds of students belonging to various unions like SFI, ABVI and AISF have staged dharna demanding jobs for the youth
Vizianagaram: Tension prevailed at the Collector's office as hundreds of students belonging to various unions like SFI, ABVI and AISF have staged dharna demanding jobs for the youth.
On Monday, the leaders of these student unions along with huge number of the students arrived at the Collector's office and tried to lay siege to the office. They have appealed the government to fill all the vacancies and provide employment to the educated youth.
They said the job calendar released by the State government failed to reveal the actual position of vacancies in different departments. It has also failed to clearly mention the total number of Group-1 and 2 posts which need to be filled up.
Earlier, the students organised a huge rally in the city and raised slogans against the government for misleading the students and unemployed youth.
The students tried to barge into the Collector's office, but they were stopped by the police who arrested them and shifted them to police station.