- Mahesh Babu Makes History: First South Indian Celebrity to Voice PhonePe Payments
- Elon Musk's X Shifts Gears to Become a Job-Search Hub
- Kharge promises Rs 5,000 to poor families every month
- Welfare, development joint agenda: Manohar
- YSRCP to train party cadre on public outreach programme today
- Sharmila lashes out at ‘Babu-Jagan-Pawan’ trio
- Hyderabad: 3-day Science Day celebration begins
- Minorities welfare department assures to complete work before Ramzan
- Group-1 prelims on June 9
- TDP opts for Vasantha Krishna Prasad in Mylavaram
YSRCP improves its tally in Kurnool district
It is an incredible victory to the YSR Congress Party (YSRCP) as the party won 13 out of 14 Assembly and 2 Lok Sabha seats.
Kurnool: It is an incredible victory to the YSR Congress Party (YSRCP) as the party won 13 out of 14 Assembly and 2 Lok Sabha seats. The TDP district leaders expected Tikka Reddy from Mantralayam and TG Bharat from Kurnool will win the seats. As the counting has progressed, the party leaders lost hope of winning. Several YSRCP candidates, who had contested were novice.
YSRCP nominee Pocha Brahamananda Reddy, an industrialist, who had contested for Nandyal Lok Sabha seat, has defeated TDP nominee Mandra Sivananda Reddy. Interestingly, Dr Sanjeev Kumar of the YSRCP has won against former union minister and senior politician Kotla Jaya Surya Prakash Reddy (TDP). Even, YSRCP candidates, who had contested from Kodumur, Nandikotkur, Nandyal, Allagadda and Pattikonda also novice to politics.
In 2014 elections, the YSRCP won 11 Assembly and 2 Lok Sabha seats. KS Shyam Babu, son of Deputy Chief Minister KE Krishna Murthy, who was in fray from Pattikonda, has suffered defeat. Other YSRCP candidates, who won are Katasani Rambhupal Reddy (Panyam), Katasani Rami Reddy (Banaganapalle), Y Bala Nagi Reddy (Mantralayam) and Y Sai Prasad Reddy (Adoni).
Buggana Rajendranath Reddy has won for the second time by defeating his close rival KE Pratap in Dhone constituency. With the tremendous victory, the YSRCP cadre celebrated the occasion by taking out rallies and garlanding the statue of former Chief Minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy.