- PIL in SC seeks directions to Centre and States to consider reasonable demands of farmers
- ISL 2023-24: Bengaluru FC push for playoffs against Hyderabad FC in Sunil Chhetri's 150th outing
- Creditors face haircut of 68% on admitted claims under IBC
- Shri Ramcharitmanas row: SC grants 2 weeks to UP government to file its reply on Swami Prasad Maurya's plea
- PVL Season 3: Calicut Heroes blaze through Delhi Toofans to get dominant win
- NewsClick row: Court grants Delhi Police 20 more days to file charge sheet in UAPA case
- Swaad of South Unveils Newest Outlet in Madhapur, Offering a Fusion of Tradition and Innovation in South Indian Vegetarian Cuisine
- This universal story about the tragic isolation of old age will move and stir Kannada and Telugu audiences: Deepak Qazir Kejriwal
- NIT Calicut and Vehant Technologies Signs MoU to Co-Teach Students and Jointly Work on AI/ML Projects
- List of Environmentally-Friendly Products Spearheading Green Movement for a Healthier Planet
YSRCP wins 8 seats out of 10 in Srikakulam
The YSRCP won eight assembly seats out of 10 in Srikakulam district and the ruling TDP confined only to two seats.
Srikakulam: The YSRCP won eight assembly seats out of 10 in Srikakulam district and the ruling TDP confined only to two seats. YSRCP candidates won in Palakonda, Rajam, Narasannapeta, Etcherla, Amudalavalasa, Palasa, Srikakulam and Pathapatnam and TDP candidates won in Tekkali and Itchapuram segments. Counting of EVM votes completed by 8.30 pm.
Postal ballots and service (defence service) employees' votes should be added to EVM votes and need to consolidate total. As per EVM votes in Palakonda, YSRCP candidate and sitting MLA V Kalavathi won with 17,156 votes against her rival N Jayakrishna of TDP. In Rajam YSRCP candidate and sitting MLA, K Jogulu won with 16,440 votes majority against TDP candidate K Murali Mohan.
At Narasannapeta segment, YSRCP candidate D Krishna Das got 19,129 votes majority against TDP candidate and sitting MLA B Ramana Murthy. In Etcherla, TDP State president and energy minister K Kala Venkata Rao was defeated by YSRCP candidate G Kiran with 18,456 votes majority.
In Amudalavalasa, sitting MLA and government whip K Ravi Kumar was defeated in the hands of YSRCP candidate T Sitaram with 14,078 votes margin. In Palasa, TDP district president and daughter of TDP sitting MLA G Sirisha was defeated in the hands of YSRCP candidate S Appala Raju with 15,506 votes variation. In Srikakulam also, TDP sitting MLA G Laxmidevi lost her seat in the hands of YSRCP candidate D Prasada Rao with 4,496 votes variation.
In Pathapatnam, sitting turn coat MLA K V Ramana was defeated in the hands of YSRCP candidate R Shanthi with 14, 901 votes margin. In Itchapuram, TDP candidate and sitting MLA B Ashok won with 8,488 votes majority against YSRCP candidate P Sairaj. In Tekkali segment, sitting MLA and minister, K Atchannaidu won against YSRCP candidate P Tilak with 8,851 votes majority.
Postal ballots and service (defence service) employees' votes should be added to the above EVM votes and need to consolidate total by concerned returning officers to declare candidates winning officially with details of all votes. For Srikakulam parliament segment sitting MP and TDP candidate K Rammohan Naidu was leading with 3,794 votes majority as per EVM votes and need to add postal ballots and service votes to it to declare the result.