- Karimnagar: Police clampdown on land mafia leaves natas tense
- Signal launches usernames to keep your phone number private
- Vijayawada: Polio drops to be administered to 53.35L children in AP
- Entrepreneurial households driving next economic wave
- After Apple, Google to Manufacture Pixel Smartphones in India
- Vijayawada District Congress president Gundlakunta Sriramulu slams govt. For supressing opposition party
- Kadapa Mayor congratulates Bishop Issac on third anniversary as CSI president
- Profit booking halts 6-day bull run
- Uppercase unveils school backpacks
- Kurnool: Officials told to address drinking water woes
Current economic slowdown episodic
Finance Commission Chairman N K Singh on Friday said the current economic slowdown is episodic and expressed hope that sluggishness will not continue for long.
New Delhi: Finance Commission Chairman N K Singh on Friday said the current economic slowdown is episodic and expressed hope that sluggishness will not continue for long.
India's economic growth hit a six-year low of 5 per cent in the first quarter of the current fiscal.
It is estimated that the growth may further slip to below 5 per cent in the second quarter and overall the economy is likely to register a less than 5 per cent expansion for the full fiscal.
"I do not regard that the current economic sluggishness is something that the country is going to experience for too long.
I remain optimistic that the current slowdown is as much as anecdotal, episodic as much as cyclical and structural," he said at an event here.
Singh, however, stressed that India should continue with both structural and cyclical reforms.