- Andhra Pradesh: West Godavari Zilla Parishad Chairman election to be held today
- Akhilesh Yadav Extends Support To AAP On Ordinance Issue
- Tirupati gets National Institute of Electronics & IT
- YS Jagan flags off eco-friendly e-autos for garbage collection in municipalities
- Petrol and diesel prices today stable in Hyderabad, Delhi, Chennai and Mumbai on 08 June 2023
- PL Stock Report - Tata Motors (TTMT IN) - Analyst Meet Update - Increasing focus on EVs and profitability - BUY
- KCR and Modi govts betrayed jobless youth, ruined their careers: Uttam
- Vijayawada: ULBs to get 516 eco-friendly e-autos
- Today's Top 5 Telangana News Updates 08-06-2023
- Today's Top 5 Hyderabad News Updates 08-06-2023
LIC launches scheme to revive lapsed policies
To encourage individuals to continue their risk cover amid the coronavirus pandemic, LIC on Thursday launched a campaign where lapsed policies can be revived
Hyderabad: To encourage individuals to continue their risk cover amid the coronavirus pandemic, LIC on Thursday launched a campaign where lapsed policies can be revived.
The insurance behemoth has launched a Special Revival Campaign starting from January 7 till March 6 for its customers to revive their lapsed individual policies subject to certain conditions. It has also authorised its 1,526 satellite offices to revive policies where special medical tests are not required. "Under this Special Revival Campaign, policies of specific eligible plans can be revived within five years from the date of the first unpaid premium subject to terms and conditions," LIC said in a statement. Certain concession in health requirements is also being offered subject to eligibility, it said, adding that most policies can be revived only on the basis of a declaration of good health and a Covid-19 questionnaire to be submitted by the proposer/ life assured.
Policyholders will get 20 per cent late fee concession or Rs 2,000 for revival while 25 per cent concession for annual premiums between Rs 1 lakh and Rs 3 lakh, it said. Policies in lapsed condition during the premium paying term and not completed policy term as on the date of revival are eligible to be revived in this campaign.