- Opposition Parties Demands Dismissal Of Rail Minister Over Odisha Train Tragedy
- Chandrababu Naidu leaves to Hyderabad after meeting Amit Shah in Delhi
- Odisha train accident: Confusion continues over AP passengers
- Petrol and diesel prices today stable in Hyderabad, Delhi, Chennai and Mumbai on 04 June 2023
- JEE Advanced 2023 exam begins across country, more candidates to appear from AP, Telangana
- Sharwanand wedding update: The groom is not more a bachelor
- Odisha train tragedy: PM Modi expresses gratitude to world leaders for condolence messages
- Goa Environmental Film Festival kicks off with ‘The Elephant Whisperers’
- Kannada actress Prema takes ramp walk with cancer survivors to spread message of courage
- Chiranjeevi swag looks at Star Cancer Centre inaugural ceremony
The Indian in Hollywood Films
He was the body double for Christopher Reeve in "Superman" (1978), during the flying shots with New York in the background.
He was the body double for Christopher Reeve in "Superman" (1978), during the flying shots with New York in the background. During those days wherever possible, a body double was used and the farther superman was in the 70s version of the superhero movie, the shorter would be double. A little over four feet, the Kenyan-born Indian Hollywood actor Kiran Shah is probably the shortest stunt man and has been one of the most sought after double.
His list of films include some of the best all-time classic "Superman II" (1980), Indiana Jones series movie "Raiders of the Lost Ark" (1981), creature work in films like "The Dark Crystal" (1982), "Return of Jedi" (1983), "Legend" (!(*%), "Bulls Eye" (1990), Braveheart (1995) and 'Titanic'(1997).
For "Titanic" he stuint doubled for all the children in the film just like he did for the films "The Lord of Rings" and 'The Hobbit" series. In the latter too, even while he was the scale double for Elijah Wood as Frodo, he doubled for all the other main hobbits.
Kiran Shah is primarily from Kenya belonging to the family of Indian immigrants and he liked Bollywood. Where he is from, cinema was the main source of entertainment and he nurtured a desire to act. His father had a grocery store and mother embroidered. By the tie he decided he wanted to act, he stopped growing, but Kiran used this to his benefit and looked up opportunities that only he could take up.
During his childhood, he also came to Mumbai and met his favourite actors. He then went to the UK to learn acting in a theatre company and even learned to mime. Once he knew he could get work he has been working and since then he is seen on screen in a variety of roles. He is over sixty now and despite watching him on screen in many roles, not may know of his origins and life.