- Bengal Guv cancels US trip at last moment citing pressure on state exchequer
- IIT Madras ties up with Ericsson for joint research in responsible AI
- RBI imposes penalty on SBI, Indian Bank, Punjab & Sind Bank
- Did Chandrababu commit mistake by working for welfare of AP, asks Bhuvaneswari
- Libya floods: Chief prosecutor jails 8 govt officials for deadly collapse of dams
- Average F&O traders less likely to be keen on evening session on NSE
- BJP's agenda is 'wait for your rights but vote for us now': AICC spokesperson
- Asian Games: Indian men's hockey team looks to improve PC conversion rate against Singapore
- Regional parties need to unite for good of country, says Sukhbir Badal at INLD rally in Haryana
- Centre extends time period for stock limits on tur, urad by two months till Dec 31
One ticket unsold at every screening ‘Adipurush;’ makers clarifies the reason
“Adipurush” starring Telugu star Prabhas in the lead is an upcoming pan-India film which is all set to release in theaters on June 16, 2023. The movie...
“Adipurush” starring Telugu star Prabhas in the lead is an upcoming pan-India film which is all set to release in theaters on June 16, 2023. The movie is based on Hindu epic Ramayana, and has Prabhas playing Lord Ram, Kriti Sanon playing Ram's wife Sita, Saif Ali Khan playing Raavan, Sunny Singh playing Lakshman and Devdatta Nage playing Hanuman.
As a part of the movie's promotions, the makers of “Adipurush” came with an unique thought. They have declared that all screenings of their movie will have one empty seat in the theaters screening them, and this is a lot of unsold tickets considering the movie is releasing in Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam and Kannada languages.
This raised a lot of eyebrows as to why the seats were being left unsold and a statement from the makers clarifies the reason. "Lord Hanuman appears wherever the Ramayana is recited. It is our belief. Respecting this belief, every theater screening ‘Adipurush’ will reserve one seat for Lord Hanuman without selling it. Hear the history of paying respects to the greatest devotee of Rama."
“Adipurush” is a production venture of T-series films and Retrophiles, and is being presented in Hindi by AA Films and Telugu by UV Creations, People Media Factory.