- I want to quit as Trinamool spokesman, but continue as party soldier: Kunal Ghosh
- ‘Inti No 13’ review: Distinctive narrative approach
- Delhi excise policy matter: Court permits YSRCP MP's son Raghav Magunta to turn approver in CBI's case
- SAFF U16 Women’s C'ship: Anushka Kumari nets hat-trick as India thrash Bhutan 7-0
- India expresses deep shock at the loss of lives in northern Gaza
- TN Deepika participates in Gadapa Gadapaku Mana Prabhutvam in Hindupur
- TDP reviews on arrangements for Shankaravam in Kuppam
- GVL Narsimha Rao congratulates National Bodybuilding competition winner in Visakhapatnam
- Yarlagadda Venkata Rao participate in a discussion forum in AB Convention hall in Gannavaram
- Bengaluru Cafe Rocked By Bomb Blast: Investigation Underway
Vijay Sethupathi, Prakash Raj Demand Release Of Perarivalan in Rajiv Gandhi Assassination Case
Many film personalities have appealed to the government to release convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case.
Many film personalities have appealed to the government to release convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case. Some celebrity stars have appealed to release about seven convicts in the case.
Now, Kollywood actors Vijay Sethupathi, Prakash Raj and others have started a campaign to draw the attention of the government to the issue, yet again. This movement has now become intense in view of the visit of the union home minister Amit Shah to Tamil Nadu.
The hashtag "#Release Perarivalan" is trending on social media. Prakash Raj, Prathiban, Vijay Sethupathi, political leaders, writers, and fighters have joined the chorus seeking the release of seven convicts including Perarivalan in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case. "Justice delayed is justice denied. Let thousands escape but one innocent should not get punished. Please join hands for our movement," thus tweeted Prakash Raj.
Vijay Sethupathi uploaded a video in which he has stated that Perarivalan's parents have been fighting in Supreme court seeking the release of their son for the past three decades. Please release Perarivalan before the judgment of Supreme court, was Vijay Sethupathi's appeal through the video to Tamil Nadu's Governor.
Perarivalan was arrested in the month of June in 1991 for supplying batteries to LTTE terrorist, Sivarasan. He was convicted for murder about 23 years ago. On February 18, 2014, a panel consisting of chief justice P. Sadashivam, Judge Ranjan Gogoi, and Keerthi Singh had converted the death sentence into life imprisonment for Perarivalan and two other convicts. S.Ramdas, who has established the political outfit Tamil Nadu's Pattalee Makkal Kalchi political, had also appealed for the release of Perarivalan.
Perarivalan, who was released on parole, is suffering from ill health. Doctors have advised him to get treated. His parents have been striving to get their son released from jail for many years now.