- Binance’s Bitcoin trading volume dips 48% amid reintroduced fees
- This is when ‘Miss Shetty Mr Polishetty’ will be available in OTT
- Monsoon ends with 'normal' rainfall as positive factors countered El Nino effect, says IMD
- Congress seeking to divide women in name of caste, hates me as I am from backward community: PM Modi By Kumar Rakesh
- Himachal CM announces Rs 4,500 crore disaster relief package with enhanced compensation
- Punjab to have Dutch cattle feed plant of Rs 142 crore
- WhatsApp plans to replace green checkmark with blue one for verified channels
- Popular Vehicles and Services files IPO papers with Sebi again; public issue entirely OFS
- Airtel now has over 50 million unique 5G customers
- SC imposes Rs 25K costs for filing 60-page synopsis against a 5-page HC order
We Have Been Mute Spectators For Long: Ramya On Disha Ravi's Arrest
Former Sandalwood actress Ramya who is also familiar to the Kollywood audience as Divya Spandana has become quite active on social media.
Former Sandalwood actress Ramya who is also familiar to the Kollywood audience as Divya Spandana has become quite active on social media. She keeps airing her views on matters of national importance. Being a staunch supporter of the Indian National Congress party (INC), Ramya often takes a dig at the BJP ruled NDA over the Central government over their policies.
The latest we hear is that the actress has expressed her displeasure over the arrest of environmentalist Disha Ravi. "Disha Ravi is a Bangalorean and a Kannada woman. She is innocent. It is not a crime to support farmers. We should stand by her," thus stated Ramya on her social media timeline.
"If Disha Ravi who is aged 21 years old is in jail, we are all together responsible for her plight. We have been mute spectators to this sort of happenings for a long time now. When did we all last speak responsibly about such things? Have we forgotten about people's strength? Have we forgotten that this country is ours? Ramya questioned citizens of India on social media.
Disha Ravi has been topping social media trends over the last few days after she was picked up by the police for her alleged link to an online toolkit sent by environmental activist Greta Thunberg. The police arrested her on Feb 13. Disha Ravi's arrest has gained a lot of international attention.
Here's a look at what Ramya posted on FB in support of Disha Ravi and farmers