- Bumrah is going to be tested at the death, when the Australian middle order is firing, says Mukund
- BTS renew contract with K-pop label Big Hit Music
- Andhra youth dies of cardiac arrest while dancing
- 35-yr-old cop commits suicide in Gurugram
- 17 Mumbaikars to compete in Acrobatic Gymnastics Asian Championship, Uzbekistan
- Two drown in Krishna river during Ganesh idols immersion
- Uttar Pradesh: 1.07 cr students take admission in classes 9 to 12
- Microsoft to announce Windows 11 23H2 today: All about the new AI-powered features
- Himachal CM opens renovated Shimla’s Bantony Castle
- Surge in fever cases in Lucknow; dengue, typhoid on the rise
Yet another disappointment for TFI
This year has turned out to be quite a disappointment for the trade market of the Telugu film industry.
This year has turned out to be quite a disappointment for the trade market of the Telugu film industry. Apart from F2, which was released way back during Sankranthi, no other film has managed to score big at the box office. There were some hopes on the films that were released during Holi weekend.
Those films are Chikati Gadhilo Chithakottudu (CGC), Vinara Sodhara Veera Kumara (VSVK) and Puli Joodham. There were good expectations on CGC, as it is an adult horror comedy. The promos have attracted the youth but due to exams period, there was not much turnout at the box office.
WHoever went, came up with mixed reports. Thus, it has ended up as a disappointment. Dubbing flick Puli Joodham failed to impress the audience even though it has stars like Mohanlal and Vishal. The last one, VSVK, failed to even get the audience to the theatres, all thanks to unknown star cast and poor reviews. Thus, even this week remained as a disappointment for the TFI