- Tesla to open Superchargers to non-Tesla EVs in Canada
- Bichagadu 2 Box Office Collection Day 11 Prediction: Vijay Antony's Film Set to Soar as a Superhit
- Xiaomi India joins Optiemus to manufacture audio products locally
- Arvind Kejriwal expresses shock over murder of teenage girl in Delhi
- iPhone 16 Pro models to flaunt the biggest display and new cameras
- ISRO to test in July crew safety system of Gaganyaan project rocket
- Takkar film has Unique Love Story with lot of Action and Romance: Siddharth
- Arm introduces new chips to boost smartphone performance
- Nirmala Sitharaman posts impressive report card of BJP's 9-year rule
- Japan's Final Schedule Set to Commence
IIM-L sets up centre of happiness
This centre will help us understand problems of stress and anxiety by setting up 'mind labs' that will conduct behavioural research and promote happiness
The Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow (IIML) has set up a new centre of happiness for understanding and promoting mental well-being.
The centre was started in collaboration with US-based Rekhi Foundation, said IIM-L director Prof Archana Shukla.
"This centre will help us understand problems of stress and anxiety by setting up 'mind labs' that will conduct behavioural research and promote happiness," she said.
Shukla said, "Leadership is not just about achieving success, but it is also about creating a positive impact on society. Management graduates have a unique opportunity to shape the future of organisations and communities."
She asked students to always remember to prioritize ethics and integrity. "This will help in decision making and enable one in building a workplace culture that is inclusive and respectful of all individuals," she said.
Shukla further announced the starting of a new programme -MBA (entrepreneurship and innovation) - from August that aims at providing potential entrepreneurs with the skills, knowledge and industry exposure.
She added that IIML has been chosen as the 'State Institution of Transformation' by the Niti Aayog for capacity building of the planning department of UP.
"The Centre for Marketing in Emerging Economies (CMEE) has collaborated with Dr Vasantha Lakshmi Charitable Trust Research Centre to conduct pan-India research on sustainable water conservation and management. Besides, the students established the first 'Diversity and Inclusion Club at IIM-L, highlighting their commitment to promoting a welcoming and inclusive campus environment," Prof Shukla said.
During the academic year, IIM-L faculty published over 152 papers in national and international journals.