- Vijayawada District Congress president Gundlakunta Sriramulu slams govt. For supressing opposition party
- Kadapa Mayor congratulates Bishop Issac on third anniversary as CSI president
- Profit booking halts 6-day bull run
- Uppercase unveils school backpacks
- Kurnool: Officials told to address drinking water woes
- DPI-led GDP to reach $8-trn level by 2030
- FM for weeding out illegal loan apps
- Tirupati: Pulse polio programme to be held on March 3
- Gambhir-Tiwary Clash: Untold Details of Explosive KKR Dressing Room Conflict
- Shanmukh Jaswanth arrest: Police takes the youtube sensation into custody in drugs case
Over 8.25 lakh vaccinated in Karnataka so far: Health department
With the inoculation drive against COVID-19 for senior citizens and those with comorbidities kickstarting, a total of 4,942 people have received the shot, taking the total number of those vaccinated in the state so far to 8.25 lakh, the Karnataka government said
Bengaluru: With the inoculation drive against COVID-19 for senior citizens and those with comorbidities kickstarting, a total of 4,942 people have received the shot, taking the total number of those vaccinated in the state so far to 8.25 lakh, the Karnataka government said.
In 199 sessions held on Monday, 2,264 vaccinated were above 60 years and 624 were between 45-60 years with comorbidities.
The nationwide COVID-19 vaccination drive was launched on January 16 and all these days it was limited to health care workers and front line COVID warriors.
According to the health department data shared on Tuesday, all those above 60 years and those with comorbidities vaccinated on Monday were administered the Covishield vaccine.
Vaccination has been planned at a total of 82 sessions sites on Tuesday, with a plan to inoculate 6,760 beneficiaries, it said.
Infosys founder N R Narayanamurthy, his wife Sudha Murty, another cofounder Kris Gopalakrishnan, and a centenarian were among many others in the state to get inoculated as the vaccination drive for those above 60 years and people aged 45 yrs to 60yrs with specific comorbid conditions kick started in the country on Monday.