- Immunity given to lawmakers should not protect them from criminal prosecution for accepting bribes: Centre in Supreme Court
- 'I am not as communal as I am made out to be': Smriti Irani's swipe at Oppn
- 2 terrorists killed in Kashmir encounter, identified
- SC releases accused, who couldn't comply with HC condition, on bail after 3 years
- Nitish Kumar must answer how JD-U MLC was able to obtain caste survey data: Sushil Modi
- 'Gehlot Saheb, 2023 comes before 2030, have you forgotten count', Nadda takes dig at Raj CM
- What happened on October 5 in History?
- Apollo Medical College hosts 'White Coat Ceremony'
- Know about cybersecurity trends
- Youth shot at by unidentified gunmen in J&K’s Anantnag
Tamil Nadu BJP chief Annamalai stages hunger strike against Mekedatu
Tamil Nadu State BJP president Annamalai on Thursday staged a protest in Tanjavur against the Karnataka government’s decision to construct a dam on Cauvery in Mekedatu to supply drinking water to Bengaluru city.
Tanjavur: Tamil Nadu State BJP president Annamalai on Thursday staged a protest in Tanjavur against the Karnataka government's decision to construct a dam on Cauvery in Mekedatu to supply drinking water to Bengaluru city.
Speaking to media persons, the former IPS officer said that the project was detrimental to the interests of Tamil Nadu and demanded that the Karnataka government drop the proposal.
He said he was confident of the support of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to the cause of Tamil Nadu.
The Mekedatu project is being taken up by Karnataka government to meet drinking water needs and generate electricity.
But Tamil Nadu government is opposing it saying it would create a shortage of water to its people.