- Your Ultimate Guide to the Perfect Pongal Look
- With unsecured personal loans under lens, growth momentum in the segment to derail in coming quarters
- Andhra CM Jagan takes poll battle to Chandrababu Naidu's home turf - Kuppam
- India seeks greater say for developing countries at WTO meet
- It was a joy to be a part of a lyrical, poetic, and deeply romantic story: Shahbaz Khan
- Samsung’s Most Intelligent PC Lineup Galaxy Book4 Series Goes on Sale in India
- KIUG 2023: Sambalpur’s Sujata Kujur hopes to make it to Indian women’s hockey team
- VESCOA Partner with ISRO, signed MoU with ASSOCHAM to Advance Collaborative Initiatives
- FM Sitharaman stresses on compliance of norms at meet with fintech heads
- Indian Navy conducts airborne insertion ops over Arabian Sea
Delhi govt slaps Rs 50L fine on North MCD for Bhalswa landfill fire
Delhi government on Thursday imposed a fine of Rs 50 lakhs on North Delhi Municipal Corporation in connection with Bhalswa landfill fire.
New Delhi: Delhi government on Thursday imposed a fine of Rs 50 lakhs on North Delhi Municipal Corporation in connection with Bhalswa landfill fire.
On Tuesday, a massive fire broke out at North Delhi's Bhalswa landfill.
After the investigation of the fire case, the Delhi Pollution control Committee(DPCC) submitted the report to the Delhi Environment Minister Gopal Rai on Thursday.
It has alleged negligence on the part of MCD in its report. Minister Gopal Rai has imposed fine on the basis of DPCC investigation report.
Four fire tenders are still working to bring down the flames. Gopal Rai, on Wednesday, blamed "corruption" in the municipal corporation as one of the reasons for frequent fires at landfills in the city.
Reportedly, three incidents of fire have been reported this year at east Delhi's Ghazipur landfill site.