- WWDC 2023: Apple's new AR headset is Apple Vision Pro
- WWDC 2023: Apple Announces Mac Pro with M2 Ultra
- WWDC 2023: Apple Announces iOS 17 with New Features
- Here is the official date of ‘NBK108’ title release
- Assam Police seize drugs valued at Rs 6 crore, one held
- Shehbaz rejects PTI's claims on rights abuses
- CBI must probe how Trinamool accessed official call between two Railway officials: Suvendu Adhikari
- Govt sources say Railways spent over Rs 1L cr of RRSK funds on safety in five years
- Youngistaan Foundation Celebrates World Environment Day with an Inspiring Trek
- Manhunt underway in Jharkhand to nab illegal mining kingpin Dahu Yadav
Dazzle at New Year party with this twist to your ethnic wear
New Year's eve – a time to dress up and dance the night away into 2021
New Year's eve – a time to dress up and dance the night away into 2021. Even if you are planning a small party at home to welcome the New Year with minimal guests, looking great should be your priority.
Anuj Mundhra, Chairman & MD at JaipurKurti.com shares a few tips on comfortable yet stylish ethnic outfits to try out:
Layer 'em up
Layering is as important in ethnic wear as it is in western outfits. A layer over your normal kurtis can elevate the entire look in a snap. If you are bold enough, try out capes over kurtis or over a crop top. Go for sheer net capes, neat cotton capes or elegant printed capes. Adding a cape or jacket makes for a stylish change.
Be specific about colour and prints
To keep the mood festive avoid wearing earthy tones, instead, opt for pastels and vibrant jewel tones. If it's a day celebration try pastels or soft and light colours. Incorporate some shine in evening wear, but don't overdo it. Drape your dupatta and scarf with a belt or a jeweled brooch. Small elegant prints can flatter any body type. Try to stay away from huge floral and paisley motifs.
Replace the churidar with Palazzo
Instead of going with age old churidars and salwars, opt for palazzos or cigarette pants for contemporary style. Pair your long kurtas with skirts. Don't opt for a stark contrast, as it doesn't look good if coordinated incorrectly.
Wear crop tops with ethnic skirts
Experiment by teaming western crop tops with ethnic skirts for a fusion look. If your skirt is solid choose a beautiful zardozi, brocade, drape or embroidered top.
A statement dress always looks very classy and elegant. Go for lengthy, asymmetric, shawl collars or printed dresses. If you feel cold pair it with a leather jacket for that added spunk.