Delicious Oatmeal-Cheddar-And Egg scramble
Oatmeal is one of a great way to catch up your breakfast routine
Oatmeal is one of a great way to catch up your breakfast routine. If you don't want to bother with frying up an egg in another pan, you can also crack the egg into the Oatmeal when it is nearly done the cooking.
♦ 1/4 cup dry quick quaker/ quick -cooking steel cut oats
♦ 3/4 cup water. salt and pepper
♦ 2 tablespoon shredded white cheddar cheese
♦ 1 tablespoon coconut oil, divided
♦ 1/4 cup diced red pepper
♦ 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
♦ 1 large egg
Optional toppings: chopped walnuts, sliced green onions, za'atar or any spice blend
1. Stovetop method : Take a bowl to bring water to boil in it, Now add oatmeal, reduce the heat a little and let it cook for about 3 minutes until all liquid is absorbed. Turn off heat and stir in Cheese, a small pinch of salt and pepper.
2. Microwave Method: Place Oats and water in a microwave-safe bowl.
Line microwave dish with paper towels to catch any spills Microwave at a high setting but not the highest, about 8/10 power setting at one-minute intervals for a total of 3 minutes.
If you want a softer texture, continue microwaving a 30-second interval. give the oats a little stir between intervals. When the oatmeal is done, stir in shredded cheese, a small pinch of salt, and pepper.
3. Heat a nonstick pan with 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil over medium-high heat.
Add all the vegetables and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until they soften. spoon vegetables overcooked oats. Reduce heat to medium.
4. Add 1/2 teaspoon of oil and fry an egg. cook until the whites are no longer transculent and serve over Oatmeal.
5. Top with chopped walnuts, green onions, and Za'atar if you like.
AMOUNT PER SERVING
TOTAL FAT 16G
SATURATED FAT 9G
TOTAL CARBOHYDRATE 18G
DIETARY FIBRE 3G