World Milk Day: 5 Amazing Facts Of This Calcium-Rich Dairy Product
World Milk Day: We all know that ‘Milk’ is rich-in calcium and it helps in making the bones stronger.
World Milk Day: We all know that 'Milk' is rich-in calcium and it helps in making the bones stronger. Thus, it's a common situation in every home that, all the mothers start running after their children to make them gulp down a glass of milk.
Be it cheese, paneer, yoghurt or ghee, all of them are made out of this dairy product and help in adding a unique taste to our cook-ups. Thus, to dole out the importance of 'Milk', every year 1st June is celebrated as 'World Milk Day'. This year's 'Milk Day' is celebrated going with a simple theme '20th Anniversary of World Milk Day' as one can't step out amidst the Coronavirus fear.
Thus the global dairy platform is asking the people to discuss the benefits of this diary product through online and also encourage others to discuss the same.
1. Milk Is An Abode Of Nutrients:
Going with the list of nutrients Milk consists,
• Calories: 146
• Protein: 8 grams
• Fat: 8 grams
• Calcium: 28% of the RDA
• Vitamin D: 24% of the RDA
• Riboflavin (B2): 26% of the RDA
• Vitamin B12: 18% of the RDA
• Potassium: 10% of the RDA
• Phosphorus: 22% of the RDA
• Selenium: 13% of the RDA
• Vitamin A
• Fatty acids
• Omega 3s
• Linoleic acid
2. How Does Milk Help For Maintaining A Healthy Body???
• The calcium-rich helps one to build healthy bones and teeth along with maintaining the body mass index.
• Milk also serves as a source of energy thus it helps in repairing muscle tissue.
• The potassium content in the milk will help you control blood pressure.
• Phosphorus elements present in milk will generate energy instantly which is essential for kids.
• Vitamin B12 and A present in milk help to generate healthy red blood cells by boosting the immune system along with guarding the skin cells as well.
• Coming to Riboflavin (B2) and Niacin, they convert food into energy and metabolizes sugars and fatty acids.
3. How Does Milk Relieve Stress And Help in Weight Loss?
Yes… You heard it right! Milk actually is misinterpreted as a weight gaining drink. But, it helps one to stay from other snack items by keeping the tummy full. The proteins present it in a glass of milk will regulate the hunger hormones. Thus the proteins like casein, albumin and globulin keep one's tummy satiated increasing the levels of appetite-reducing hormones like GLP-1, PYY and CCK. On the whole, milk reduces the levels of the hunger hormone like ghrelin making you crave less for food.
4. How Can Milk Help One To Fight With Their Disease?
Yes… Milk is a great natural medicine which will help you to fight with your disease.
• According to a research drinking milk can lessens the chances of coronary heart disease and reduces the stroke rate by 15 to 20 percent.
• There is a myth related to milk that, it increases the cholesterol level in the body. But the fact that cholesterol is only one mechanism in heart disease, on the other side blood pressure is another relevant mechanism. Thus, milk helps in lowering blood pressure. It is therefore totally a myth that heart disease solely depends on cholesterol.
• Milk and dairy consumption also helps in fighting with 2 diabetes, colon cancer and possibly bladder cancer.
5. Best Time To Gulp Down The Milk…
• All the weight watchers can have it immediately after their workout.
• Children should gulp down a glass of milk in the morning and evening times.
• Coming to pregnant ladies, they can have it in the morning and before they hit the sacks.
• Even men can have it in the mornings to maintain their toned body and keep their tummies full.
• Women who are above 40, need to have a cup of warm milk in mornings before having their breakfast. It helps them to own strong bones.
So guys, gulp down a glass of 'Milk' every day and reap the amazing health benefits this dairy product!!!