- Your Ultimate Guide to the Perfect Pongal Look
- With unsecured personal loans under lens, growth momentum in the segment to derail in coming quarters
- Andhra CM Jagan takes poll battle to Chandrababu Naidu's home turf - Kuppam
- India seeks greater say for developing countries at WTO meet
- It was a joy to be a part of a lyrical, poetic, and deeply romantic story: Shahbaz Khan
- Samsung’s Most Intelligent PC Lineup Galaxy Book4 Series Goes on Sale in India
- KIUG 2023: Sambalpur’s Sujata Kujur hopes to make it to Indian women’s hockey team
- VESCOA Partner with ISRO, signed MoU with ASSOCHAM to Advance Collaborative Initiatives
- FM Sitharaman stresses on compliance of norms at meet with fintech heads
- Indian Navy conducts airborne insertion ops over Arabian Sea
Bengaluru: GAIL gives 18 CNG autos to BBMP for dry waste collection
GAIL has provided 18 CNG autorickshaws to BBMP under Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
Bengaluru: GAIL has provided 18 CNG autorickshaws to BBMP under Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). The vehicles will be used for collection of dry waste from households in 18 wards.
BBMP has leased the vehicles on monthly rent basis. It will pay Rs 56,316 (inclusive of a driver and a Helper) to GAIL for a period of 6 months as per the MoA entered with the waste-picker and Self-Help Groups (SHG).
For disposing dry waste in 40 wards, as per the SWM rules 2016, waste-pickers and SHGs have been engaged since 2017. As per the dry waste micro plan, the BBMP requires around 613 autos for each ward.
The city generates about 4,200 MT of solid waste every day, out of which dry waste is 1200 TPD. Wet & sanitary waste is 3000 TPD. The waste is collected from door-to-door using an auto tipper and transferred by the compactor for the processing plant.
As per the SWM rules 2016, every house has to segregate waste into wet, dry & domestic hazardous waste.
For wet and sanitary waste collection, the wards are divided into blocks each consisting of 750 households. Every block is assigned an auto tipper.