- Kitex to set up second fibre-to-apparel cluster in Telangana
- Names of several UP Ministers under discussion for 2024 LS polls
- Speculation over Vasundhara Raje’s future role in Rajasthan after Shah and Nadda's visit
- Micron shares fall as demand recovery 'off to slow start'
- Students killing: Protests continue in Manipur, cars burnt, two BJP offices attacked
- Manish Malhotra to give Air India staff uniforms a designer look
- LS Speaker refers complaint against BJP MP Bidhuri to Privileges Committee
- ‘Political warfare’ intensifies between AAP, Congress in Punjab
- Confusion over, superstar Suresh Gopi to take over as Chairman of SRFT, Kolkata
- PM Modi to visit Shri Sanwaliya Seth temple on Oct 2
Bengaluru: Three die in road accident
Three people were killed when their bike was hit by a truck in Bagalkot district of Karnataka early on Friday.
Bengaluru: Three people were killed when their bike was hit by a truck in Bagalkot district of Karnataka early on Friday.
The deceased were identified as Srinakth Madar (39), Shantavva Kattimani (43) and Mantavva Maradi (75) -- all residents of Rakkasagi village in Hungund taluk.
While Srikanth died on the spot, the two women succumbed to their injuries on the way to the hospital.
According to police, before hitting the bike, he had crashed into a car near Ameenagadh town and escaped from the spot with the vehicle fearing backlash. Luckily, the passengers in the car escaped unhurt.
After travelling for three kilometres he rammed into a bike killing all the three riders. The driver then lost balance and the vehicle turned turtle. Fortunately, no other vehicle was on the road at the time.