- Petition filed in the Delhi High Court to challenging the selection of 35 principals in Delhi Government schools
- SKN follows the trend; gifts swanky Benz to director Sai Rajesh
- Unprecedented pilgrim rush witnessed in Tirumala
- Karishma Tanna gets nominated for ‘Scoop’ at Busan Film Festival
- Always a challenging yet beautiful experience to play a character with depth, says Tabu
- Kejriwal commits to cleaning up Delhi's landfills ahead of target
- TCS ending hybrid work, asks staff to join office starting Oct 1: Report
- ‘Jawan’ beats ‘Gadar 2’; becomes highest grossing Hindi film
- Action is about telling a story with every punch, kick & movement: Vidyut Jammwal
- Kartik Aryan takes ice bath in Kashmir river to celebrate ‘Chandu Champion’ wrap
First in India, postmen deliver mail on e-bikes in Bengaluru
For the first time in the country, postmen are delivering mail on e-bikes in Bengaluru. Electric bikes have been provided to J P Nagar Bangalore Post Office staff.
Bengaluru: For the first time in the country, postmen are delivering mail on e-bikes in Bengaluru. Electric bikes have been provided to J P Nagar Bangalore Post Office staff.
A total of 15 postmen and postwomen have been zooming on blue Yulu bikes and delivering the mail for the last 15 days from the post office. "Launched on a pilot basis on October 14, on the occasion of the postal day week, the e-post service will be expanded to other post offices depending on its success, LK Dash, General Postmaster of Bangalore Zone, said.
The vehicles are being sent to Yulu facility daily for recharging. Under the project, cost-effectiveness of the electric vehicles will be compared with petrol bikes. Dash said the Yulu agency said that if the scheme succeeds, the post office will have a charging facility.
The pilot project, being termed as a first-of-its-kind initiative in the country, aims at cutting down on carbon footprint.
The Yulu bikes in a tweet stated, "The largest postal network in the world is starting to go green with Yulu. The Post Master General of BLR adopted this initiative by providing 11 mail carriers Yulu bikes for the delivery of letters and parcels."