- NEET Aspirant, 21, Takes Life In Kota, Marking 29th Suicide This Year
- Major Cocaine Bust At Paradip Port: 22 Kg Haul Worth ₹220 Crore Seized From Indonesian Cargo Ship
- Karnataka govt won't indulge in preventing any act of creative expressions: Siddaramaiah
- Delhi HC grants anticipatory bail to Unnao gang-rape victim, mother in forgery case
- 4th T20I: Rinku, Jitesh, Jaiswal help India to 174/9 against Australia
- Suvendu Adhikari files RTI seeking details of recruitment in state health services since 2011
- Games24x7 joins hands with K'taka govt for GameTech Accelerate programme
- Long Covid patients may suffer chest pain, abnormal heart rhythms long-term
- Haryana DGP says 'women's safety will be priority'
- Election Commission revises Mizoram's vote-counting date to December 4
Hyderabad: Alwal residents raise pitch for new road
The poor condition of Sai Brindavan Colony road connecting Alwal to Kompally, worries the residents as the kaccha road might take lives and result in accidents during rains
Alwal: The poor condition of Sai Brindavan Colony road connecting Alwal to Kompally, worries the residents as the kaccha road might take lives and result in accidents during rains.
Locals alleged that the road is lying like this from almost two years and Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) officials remain deaf to their complaints since then.
According to the locals traveling on this totally damaged road that is connecting from Sai Brindavan Colony , Alwal to Ice Factory via New Bolarum which is a major route connecting Kompally highway has become hectic day by day for local residents in Alwal, Bolarum and Kompally. This route which is muddy 365 days is also a major road connecting to the State Highway 1 (Rajiv Rahadari/Karimnagar Highway) and NH44 (Nizamabad Highway).
"The link road is not properly laid and is giving hardship to travellers. New apartments get approvals every year but no efforts are being taken to improve the infrastructure. They are around 10-15 colonies depended on this road. The approximate 1.5 km road has been neglected for many years. There is no smooth run of transport and there are a lot of pits and ditches everywhere. The condition of the road becomes worst during the rainy season, "said Prasanna, resident of Alwal.
"Its been years that the road between Ice Factory to Sai Brindavan colony road is pending and official's are never bothered to lay a new road. The issue of this road is a very important matter to be considered by GHMC immediately for which sanction is pending for a long time," said K Srinivas Varma, General Secretary, GAASA
B Maheshwar , executive engineer, Alwal Circle said, "We have received many complaints regarding this issue, we have submitted proposal to head office regarding this issue. The works would take little time."