- Assam not to ban 500 ml PET bottles
- Thousands of govt employees protest at Ramlila Maidan to demand restoration of Old Pension Scheme
- TDP-JSP will form next government in Andhra Pradesh: Pawan Kalyan
- DMK leader Elangovan accuses BJP of playing politics over Cauvery issue
- Congress slams PM Modi for promising now to set up a tribal university in Telangana
- Asian Games: Nandini Agasara claims bronze in women's Heptathlon
- 13 killed in Spain nightclub fire, 15 more missing
- Raj Bhavan-Bengal govt tiff set to aggravate as Guv appoints 6 more interm V-Cs
- Himachal govt to set up commando force: CM Sukhu
- Doctor passengers help baby suffering from severe breathing crisis on flight
Hyderabad: Chest & Gandhi hospitals gear up for 2nd wave rush
The two important Covid treatment centres in the city, Chest Hospital and Gandhi Hospital, are fully geared up to offer Corona treatment to the patients in the wake of reports that second wave of Covid is likely to hit the state
Secunderabad: The two important Covid treatment centres in the city, Chest Hospital and Gandhi Hospital, are fully geared up to offer Corona treatment to the patients in the wake of reports that second wave of Covid is likely to hit the state. Speaking to Hans India, Superintendent of Chest Hospital Mahboob Khan said the hospital has 123 beds with oxygen facility. The infrastructure is being utilised for general purpose as coronavirus cases were reduced.
"We reduced the number of beds to ten. Three of them are occupied and seven are vacant. We are again preparing to tackle Covid19. We are arranging 50 beds immediately as an emergency. We will increase the numbers after instructions from higher officials." Persons with corona symptoms are kept under observation at the Chest Hospital earlier to confirm whether anybody is affected by corona. After receiving a report from National Institute of Virology, Pune, the patients are sent to Gandhi for isolation. The hospital managements are preparing hospitals to accommodate Covid19 patients again.
Various hospitals in Hyderabad such as Gandhi Hospital, Telangana Institute of Medical Sciences (TIMS) and Chest Hospital were reserved for Covid 19 patients. After a significant reduction in corona virus cases, Gandhi and Chest hospitals have started treating in- and out-patients. A total of 300 beds are available for Covid-19 patients at Gandhi Hospital, 70 of them are occupied.
Patients with normal conditions are being sent to TIMS and King Koti Hospital for treatment. Patients who are in critical condition and need ventilators are being accommodated at Gandhi Hospital, said Raja Rao, the Superintendent of Gandhi Hospital. "We are ready to deal with Covid-19 if cases arise, and increase the beds accordingly," he added.