- SC directed to present joint arguments on the Delhi Service Bill petition filed by the Kejriwal government
- Police seized ganja worth Rs.93 lakhs
- Chandigarh Smart City gets best UT award
- Contemplating the creation of district-wise water bodies atlas: Minister NS Boseraju
- ISSHP World Congress 2023: Pragnya to tackle Pre-eclampsia and Elevate Maternal Health Awareness
- CBI files FIR against Indore firm in Rs 15.52 cr loan fraud case
- How new-age edutech platforms enabling outcome-based education
- Congress has no warranty but is giving guarantees in Telangana: Minister KTR
- Turned producer to tell stories that evoke emotions, leave impact: Alia Bhatt
- Amul expects no price hike after timely monsoon in Gujarat, says chief Jayen S Mehta
Hyderabad: Dalit women yet to fully gain from Constitution
Hyderabad: Dalit Sthree Sakthi (DSS), along with the SC, ST Officers' Forum, organised a conference on the occasion of 72nd Republic Day at Sundarayya...
Hyderabad: Dalit Sthree Sakthi (DSS), along with the SC, ST Officers' Forum, organised a conference on the occasion of 72nd Republic Day at Sundarayya Vignana Kendram on the theme 'Indian Republic – Proclamations and Realities'.
Dr N Siddoji Rao, convener, Help Desk of Forum, presided, while DSS national convener Jhansi Geddam, delivered the opening remarks. She opined that Dalits and women have so far not fully tasted the fruits of democracy. "It is necessary to eradicate the inequalities based on caste and religion". She emphasised that Dalit women should strive to protect the Constitution.
Speakers at the included P S N Murthy, founder, Ambedkar Mission, Prof K Y Rathnam, Prof. Sudhakar Babu (both HCU), Dr Vinayakala, special officer, TSWREIS, Vanajakshi, industrialist. Women Collective leaders and representatives of various organisations attended.