- CBSE opposes PIL in Delhi HC seeking common syllabus across India
- Amaravati farmers stoped by the police
- Jolt to BRS, Palakurthi ZPTC Kandula Sandhya Rani quits from party
- Naidu is healthy and asked the cadre to be brave, says TDP leader Chinarajappa
- World Bank pegs India’s GDP growth at 6.3% as global headwinds emerge
- Peddapalli: Police create Guinness Record with mega blood donation camp
- Massive fire erupts at Surat's historic Bombay market
- Sathupalli celebrates NTB formation
- Google launches new Chromebook Plus with AI powers: All details
- Kisan Morcha hails setup of National Turmeric Board
Hyderabad: Grand ‘Telangana Sahitya Dinotsavam’ on June 11
As part of the State decennial celebrations, the Telangana Sahitya Academy will organise ‘Telangana Sahitya Dinotsavam’ on a grand scale on June 11.
Hyderabad: As part of the State decennial celebrations, the Telangana Sahitya Academy will organise ‘Telangana Sahitya Dinotsavam’ on a grand scale on June 11. This was announced by the academy chairman Juluri Gowri Shankar, who said the government has special regard for the poets and writers who have played historical roles in the statehood agitation. He recalled that the government was felicitating poets and writers after the State formation. There would be kavisammelans on June 11 when poets from across the State will be participating to showcase the progress made by Telangana.
Gowri Shankar said the State has achieved several milestones and became a financial power under the directions of Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao. He said the collectors will organisekavisammelans in all districts. As part of the decennial celebrations, the academy will be coming up with a special report. He called upon poets to write about the State’s development in poems. Awards will be presented to poets presenting their works in the kavisammelans. The first prize will be Rs 1,00,116; second Rs 75,116; third Rs 60,116; fourth Rs 50,116 and fifth Rs 30,116.