- Wine Shops & Bars closed today
- Hyderabad all set to bid adieu to Ganesha
- Ganesh Visarjan / Nimajjanam Live Updates: All set for smooth Ganesh Nimajjanam in Hyderabad
- Shobhayatra of Khairatabad Ganesh to start 7 am
- Cyberabad Police Commissionerate puts all arrangements in place for Ganesh immersions
- ICC WC 2023: Pakistan team reaches Hyderabad
- Hyderabad metro to run till midnight on occasion of Ganesh immersions
- 3rd ODI: Fifties from top four batters, Maxwell’s career-best four-fer propel Australia to consolation win
- Chandrababu must be punished in Skill Development Scam case: KA Paul
- Assam makes digital attendance of students & teachers mandatory in govt schools
Hyderabad: Tension prevails at Borabanda
BJP leaders’ bid to install Shivaji statue foiled by police
Borabanda: Tension prevailed at Borabanda junction on Friday when the BJP leaders who were installing the statue of Shivaji were stopped by the police.
According to police, the leaders neither took permission from Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) nor from police for installation. When they were confronted, the party leaders stated that they said they would install it at any cost. BJP leaders and activists of Bajrang Dal started gathering at the spot. The police had to call in more forces to ensure that the law and order is in place. After a lot of effort, police were able to stop the installation programme.
According to sources, the BJP leaders had already planned to install the statue on Shivaji Jayanti and with this intention they started laying the foundation for the statue three days ago. GHMC officials on Friday took objection to it. Hence, to avert the planned installation, the police were called in. Meanwhile, BJP MP Bandi Sanjay also went to the spot and argued with the cops. However, the MP did not stop with it as he went on to further state that Hindu rule would be established in Telangana in the next elections.