- Google introduces .meme domain; Find details
- YS Jagan flags of cleaning machines, to lay stone virtually for development works
- Anantapur: Rich tributes paid to Mahatma Phule
- Will speak on ‘Chaiwala’, ‘Chowkidar’ during upcoming LS polls: Akbar
- Supreme Court Seeks Explanation On Delhi Chief Secretary's Tenure Extension, Questions Government's Sole Dependence
- Central Government Eases Air Quality Restrictions In NCR Following Improved Conditions
- Excise official suspended for carrying cash on election time in Telangana
- Petrol and diesel prices today stable in Hyderabad, Delhi, Chennai and Mumbai on November 29, 2023
- Kurnool: New sub-stations will ensure quality power supply
- Gold rate in Visakhapatnam today stable, check the rates on November 29, 2023
Tirumala: Balalaya Samprokshanam held at Varaha Swamy shrine
Balalaya Samprokshanam held for Sri Varaha Swamy temple at Tirumala on Thursday between 9 am and 10:30 am in the auspicious Makara Lagnam
Tirumala: Balalaya Samprokshanam held for Sri Varaha Swamy temple at Tirumala on Thursday between 9 am and 10:30 am in the auspicious Makara Lagnam. TTD EO Dr K S Jawahar Reddy, who took part in the ritual along with Additional EO A V Dharma Reddy, speaking to the media on the occasion, said that TTD has taken up the Gold Malam works of Gopuram of the ancient temple. For this we have conducted Balalayam fete and transferred the power in the presiding deity into Kumbham. In the coming four or five months, we will complete the work. After Maha Samprokshanam, the temple will be opened for darshan of devotees, he added.
The public darshan in the shrine which was closed after the nationwide lockdown due to Covid pandemic this year continued with the TTD taking up the repairs and gold coating works in the shrine. In other words, there is no darshan of Varaha Swamy for pilgrims till next April-May. Earlier in Yagashala of the temple, Kumbharadhana, Archana and other Vaidika rituals were performed. Later Maha Purnahuti was performed.