- Samyukta Kisan Morcha to hold tractor march on Feb 26, 'mahapanchayat' in Delhi on March 14
- IIT Hyderabad and JICA unite to nourish Design Innovation JICA Chair Lecture Series concludes successfully
- Imran wants IMF aid to Pakistan stalled over 'rigged' elections
- Transformative Collaboration: ASIP and IIT Hyderabad Forge Path for IC Packaging & Testing Education and Innovation
- YouTube Offers Free 3-Month Premium Subscription Plan: How to Avail
- Need to deepen economic engagement with India: Albanian Foreign Minister
- Chief Minister Bhajanlal Sharma Renounces VIP Movement Privileges To Prioritize Common Citizens
- Samyukt Kisan Morcha Plans Decisive Action Amidst Farmer Protests: Latest Updates
- BJP Releases Documentary Exposing Alleged Atrocities In Sandeshkhali Amidst TMC Government Criticism
- PM Modi Affirms Commitment To Farmers' Welfare Amidst Historic Increase In Sugarcane Prices
Tirupati: Oxygen supply disruption leaves 10 dead, 13 critically ill
Tension prevailed at Ruia hospital Covid ICU ward in Tirupati on Monday night when rumours aired that some patients have allegedly died due to a brief interruption in oxygen supply
Tirupati: Tension prevailed at Ruia hospital Covid ICU ward in Tirupati on Monday night when rumours aired that some patients have allegedly died due to a brief interruption in oxygen supply. It was learnt that the problem occurred due to shortage in oxygen supply as the arrival of tanker from Sriperumbudur was delayed.
Officials were saying that the problem was rectified within 25 minutes soon after the tanker arrived. But by that time the damage was already done.
Due to lack of oxygen supply patients' condition became critical making their attendants helpless. The patients, who were on oxygen support, suddenly felt severe breathlessness when the supply got interrupted. Panic situation erupted in the ward when some attendants of the patients could not hide their anguish and damaged several items there.
As per the eyewitnesses, doctors tried to save the lives by doing cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) on some patients. The situation, however, became pathetic with nearly 10 patients reportedly dead while around 10 more are under critical situation. However, officials have denied the number of deaths saying that they were assessing the situation.