- India will be developed country by 2047
- Indian airports making losses remains unanswerable paradox
- South & West Zone weightlifting competitions begin
- AP to receive scattered rains in Coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema in next two days
- Impact assessment of affirmative measures will ensure minimum gaps, maximum outcomes
- Union Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw urges beneficiaries to avail schemes
- Petrol and diesel prices today stable in Hyderabad, Delhi, Chennai and Mumbai on 10 December, 2023
- Deprived woman candidate protests by tonsuring head
- Gold rate in Visakhapatnam today slashes, check the rates on 10 December, 2023
- Vijayawada: Farmers’ associations to stage protests tomorrow
Tirupati: Patriotism, pomp mark Independence Day fete
Patriotism and pomp marked the 75th Independence Day celebrations at Police Parade Grounds in Tirupati on Sunday
Tirupati: Patriotism and pomp marked the 75th Independence Day celebrations at Police Parade Grounds in Tirupati on Sunday. Urban Police District SP Venkata Appala Naidu hoisted the national flag and received the guard of honour.
Speaking on the occasion after extending 'Azaadi Ka Amruthostav' wishes to the participants including police officials, public, school children, guests and mediapersons, he said that invaluable services rendered by several patriots and freedom fighters helped in the country achieving the Independence.
The SP said, "We should respect the freedom given by our great patriots and everyone should work with responsibility."
Later to mark the occasion, best service medals along with appreciation certificates were handed over to the police personnel including officers for rendering dedicated services. Dare devil demonstrations were organised by the dog squads on the occasion. Colourful cultural activities were presented.