- Tanisha-Ashwini finishes runner-up in Syed Modi India International badminton
- 17 of 25 ministers in Cong govt lose Rajasthan assembly elections
- Shivraj win Budhni by over 1 lakh votes, Kamal Nath secures victory from Chhindwara by 36K votes
- Israeli president honours fallen heroes of Kibbutz Be'eri by inscribing Torah Scroll
- Cyclone Michaung: In constant touch with state governments, says PM Modi
- Now, IndiGo faces criticism over delays from former Union Minister
- 5th T20I: Shreyas Iyer's fifty helps India reach 160/8 against Australia
- 193 people killed in IDF attack in last few hours: Gaza Health Ministry
- MP Diya Kumari wins by 71,368 votes, biggest victory margin in Rajasthan
- MP Assembly polls: Union Ministers Tomar, Prahlad Patel, BJP General Secy Vijayvargiya win, Kulaste loses
Tirupati: RUIA hospital to get rehabilitation centre
Special officer for welfare of differently-abled, transgender and senior citizens Dr M Gurumoorthy has inspected RUIA Hospital on Thursday
Tirupati: Special officer for welfare of differently-abled, transgender and senior citizens Dr M Gurumoorthy has inspected RUIA Hospital on Thursday. He met Dr Bharathi Superintendent of RUIA Hospital and discussed various aspects of establishing separate rehabilitation centre for differently-abled and senior citizens.
He studied the feasibility of establishing rehabilitation centre along with Dr Bharathi and gathered information about their requirements and listened to their problems. Later Dr Gurumoorthy visited de-addiction centre at RUIA hospital. He enquired about the existing facilities and treatment protocols they were following. After discussing with the superintendent, doctors and faculty members, Dr Gurumoorthy came to know that they require daycare centre for patients, who are coming from four districts around Tirupati.
He assured the authorities that he will support them in every possible way to get the rehabilitation centre established with world-class treatment and inpatient facilities. He also discussed the proposal of establishing a separate physiotherapy centre with attachment to RUIA, so that maximum number of patients get better treatment.