- Tanisha-Ashwini finishes runner-up in Syed Modi India International badminton
- 17 of 25 ministers in Cong govt lose Rajasthan assembly elections
- Shivraj win Budhni by over 1 lakh votes, Kamal Nath secures victory from Chhindwara by 36K votes
- Israeli president honours fallen heroes of Kibbutz Be'eri by inscribing Torah Scroll
- Cyclone Michaung: In constant touch with state governments, says PM Modi
- Now, IndiGo faces criticism over delays from former Union Minister
- 5th T20I: Shreyas Iyer's fifty helps India reach 160/8 against Australia
- 193 people killed in IDF attack in last few hours: Gaza Health Ministry
- MP Diya Kumari wins by 71,368 votes, biggest victory margin in Rajasthan
- MP Assembly polls: Union Ministers Tomar, Prahlad Patel, BJP General Secy Vijayvargiya win, Kulaste loses
TTD Chairman YV Subba Reddy seeks extention Garuda Varadhi up to Alipiri
TTD Chairman YV Subba Reddy urged the Municipal Corporation authorities to extend the elevated express way (Garuda Varadhi) upto Alipiri
Tirumala:TTD Chairman YV Subba Reddy urged the Municipal Corporation authorities to extend the elevated express way (Garuda Varadhi) upto Alipiri. The Varadhi is now proposed upto Kapilatheertham circle in the city. Reddy said that extending Varadhi from Kapilatheertham to Alipiri facilitate the devotees visiting Tirumala, including those proceeding to Tirumala by vehicles and also the pilgrims desire to reach Tirumala through the footpath originating at Alipiri, avoiding the heavy traffic in the city.
Speaking to media after his inspection of flyover works underway on war footing near the Tirupati Municipal Park, he said besides avoiding traffic issues in Tirupati town, the four-lane flyover, if extended up to Alipiri tollgate would facilitate smooth passage to both vehicular and walking devotees. He said the additional cost of extension of the flyover and other
related issues will be taken at the next meeting of the TTD board soon. TTD Chief Engineer M Ramesh Reddy was also present.